Travel Industry News
July 28, 2014
Global business travel spending will reach USD$1.18 trillion this year, up nearly 7 percent from 2013, bolstered by growth in China, US trade group GBTA said on Monday.
July 28, 2014
Kenyan hotel chain TPS has disputed official figures for tourist arrivals, saying violent attacks by militant Islamists have scared away far more tourists than the authorities admit.
July 25, 2014
The UK's Takeover Panel has granted an extension to TUI Travel, Europe's biggest tour operator, and its majority owner TUI, to confirm their proposed merger.
July 21, 2014
The State Department warned US citizens on Monday against travel to Israel, the West Bank and Gaza, citing the fighting between Israeli forces and Hamas.
July 11, 2014
German tour operators are once again taking bookings for trips to Egypt's Sharm el-Sheikh after the German foreign office eased travel advice for the destination.
July 11, 2014
The number of tourists visiting Mauritius rose 4 percent in the first half of 2014, compared with the same period last year, on the back of higher arrivals from Asia.
July 7, 2014
US online travel company Expedia has agreed to buy Australian online travel agent Wotif for USD$660 million, with Wotif saying that fierce competition in an uncertain market had helped convince it to sell.
July 3, 2014
North Korea will reopen some of its domestic scheduled air routes for the first time in years, a China-based tour operator said on Thursday, another sign of moves to bolster tourism in the isolated country.
July 2, 2014
Tourist arrivals in Sri Lanka jumped 14.3 percent year-on-year in June, government data showed on Wednesday, with the number of foreign visitors rising for the 62nd straight month.
June 30, 2014
French ministers have attacked proposals to increase taxes on hotel stays and called for them to be scrapped as they could undermine plans to boost the tourism sector.
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17
- Fighting Complicates MH17 Crash Investigation
- Armed Mission To MH17 Site "Not Realistic"
- Australia To Send 100 Extra Police To Ukraine
- ICAO To Hold Safety Meeting With IATA, Others
- Australia Ready To Send Police To Guard MH17 Crash Site
- ICAO Says MH17 Voice Recorder In Good Condition
- Dutch Mourn As First MH17 Bodies Arrive In Netherlands
- Rebels Likely Downed MH17 'By Mistake'
- Train Carrying MH17 Bodies Reaches Kharkiv
- Malaysian Airliner Shot Down Over Ukraine, 298 Dead
- Airbus Eyes Middle East Order For A330neo
- Qatar Airways Orders 50 Boeing 777-9Xs
- Bombardier Tops 500 Orders For Q400, CSeries
- Airbus, Boeing Close To USD$100 Bln In Airshow Deals
- Air Mauritius Orders 6 A350s In Fleet Revamp
- Myanma Airways Signs For 6 ATR 72-600s
- MG Aviation Orders Two Boeing 787-9s
- AirAsia X Signs MOU For 50 Airbus A330neos
- SMBC Aviation Capital Orders 115 Airbus A320s
- BOC Aviation Orders 43 Airbus A320s