July 31, 2014
Sierra Leone declared a state of emergency and called in troops to quarantine areas of Ebola outbreaks on Thursday, joining Liberia in imposing tough controls to curb the worst ever outbreak of the virus amid fears it could spread beyond West Africa.
July 31, 2014
Nigeria's civil aviation authority (NCAA) said on Thursday it had started temperature screening passengers arriving from places at risk from Ebola and had suspended pan-African airline Asky for bringing the first case to Lagos.
July 29, 2014
Military exercises have become a new headache for Chinese carriers, causing hundreds of flight delays and cancellations just as they are grappling with a sharp decline in earnings.
July 25, 2014
Lufthansa and Air Berlin will resume flights to Israel on Saturday July 26, lifting a ban imposed in response to fears that rockets being fired from the Gaza strip could pose a threat to aircraft.
July 24, 2014
US Airways said it would resume flights to Israel later on Thursday after the US FAA lifted a ban imposed two days ago when a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip landed near Tel Aviv airport.
July 23, 2014
The Federal Aviation Administration on Wednesday extended a ban on US airline flights to Israel's Tel Aviv Airport by an additional 24 hours.
July 23, 2014
Flights to and from Shanghai and 11 other airports in east China are facing major delays until mid-August due to military exercises, according to an official micro blog.
July 21, 2014
The State Department warned US citizens on Monday against travel to Israel, the West Bank and Gaza, citing the fighting between Israeli forces and Hamas.
July 18, 2014
Allegiant Travel, the parent of Allegiant Air, said on Friday that a computer outage that affected 26 flights and 4,000 passengers has been resolved, and its systems are back to normal.
July 14, 2014
Lufthansa will reduce service to Venezuela by 40 percent starting next month amid an ongoing dispute about repatriation of revenue from ticket sales.
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17
- International Experts Reach MH17 Crash Site
- Fighting Complicates MH17 Crash Investigation
- Armed Mission To MH17 Site "Not Realistic"
- Australia To Send 100 Extra Police To Ukraine
- ICAO To Hold Safety Meeting With IATA, Others
- Australia Ready To Send Police To Guard MH17 Crash Site
- ICAO Says MH17 Voice Recorder In Good Condition
- Dutch Mourn As First MH17 Bodies Arrive In Netherlands
- Rebels Likely Downed MH17 'By Mistake'
- Malaysian Airliner Shot Down Over Ukraine, 298 Dead
- Airbus Eyes Middle East Order For A330neo
- Qatar Airways Orders 50 Boeing 777-9Xs
- Bombardier Tops 500 Orders For Q400, CSeries
- Airbus, Boeing Close To USD$100 Bln In Airshow Deals
- Air Mauritius Orders 6 A350s In Fleet Revamp
- Myanma Airways Signs For 6 ATR 72-600s
- MG Aviation Orders Two Boeing 787-9s
- AirAsia X Signs MOU For 50 Airbus A330neos
- SMBC Aviation Capital Orders 115 Airbus A320s
- BOC Aviation Orders 43 Airbus A320s