US Airways News Stories
July 24, 2014
US Airways said it would resume flights to Israel later on Thursday after the US FAA lifted a ban imposed two days ago when a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip landed near Tel Aviv airport.
June 20, 2014
The captain of a US Airways flight earlier this week reported being visually impaired by a laser as the jet approached Los Angeles Airport, an FAA spokesman said on Friday.
June 16, 2014
American Airlines and the Machinists' union have reached tentative agreements covering more than 11,000 employed at US Airways as mechanics, maintenance trainers and baggage handlers.
May 5, 2014
Four passengers and two crew members were injured on Sunday when a US Airways jet hit severe turbulence after leaving Philadelphia Airport, the airline said.
April 27, 2014
A US federal judge has approved the November settlement between the government and the airlines that merged to form American Airlines Group, AMR and US Airways.
April 16, 2014
US Airways is investigating a pornographic tweet sent on its Twitter account in response to a customer complaint about a flight delay.
April 7, 2014
Virgin America had the highest performance ranking among 15 US airlines in 2013 in an annual study as the industry's overall quality improved, researchers said on Monday.
April 3, 2014
American Airlines Group said on Thursday that US Airways will join its venture with British Airways, Iberia and Finnair that operates flights between the United States and Europe.
March 30, 2014
Delta Air Lines has been making inroads in the dogfight over the lucrative market for business travel between New York and London, but the newly merged American Airlines is fighting back.
March 14, 2014
A tire blew out on a US Airways plane with 154 passengers and crew on board as it was about to take off at Philadelphia Airport on Thursday, prompting the pilot to abort the takeoff.
March 13, 2014
A US Airways flight from Tampa to Phoenix made an emergency landing in Houston when a toddler aboard had a life-threatening medical emergency during the journey, the Houston Fire Department said.
January 28, 2014
American Airlines Group, the world's biggest carrier after merging with US Airways last year, reported better-than-expected adjusted profit and revenue as fares climbed and fuel costs fell.
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17
- Fighting Complicates MH17 Crash Investigation
- Armed Mission To MH17 Site "Not Realistic"
- Australia To Send 100 Extra Police To Ukraine
- ICAO To Hold Safety Meeting With IATA, Others
- Australia Ready To Send Police To Guard MH17 Crash Site
- ICAO Says MH17 Voice Recorder In Good Condition
- Dutch Mourn As First MH17 Bodies Arrive In Netherlands
- Rebels Likely Downed MH17 'By Mistake'
- Train Carrying MH17 Bodies Reaches Kharkiv
- Malaysian Airliner Shot Down Over Ukraine, 298 Dead
- Airbus Eyes Middle East Order For A330neo
- Qatar Airways Orders 50 Boeing 777-9Xs
- Bombardier Tops 500 Orders For Q400, CSeries
- Airbus, Boeing Close To USD$100 Bln In Airshow Deals
- Air Mauritius Orders 6 A350s In Fleet Revamp
- Myanma Airways Signs For 6 ATR 72-600s
- MG Aviation Orders Two Boeing 787-9s
- AirAsia X Signs MOU For 50 Airbus A330neos
- SMBC Aviation Capital Orders 115 Airbus A320s
- BOC Aviation Orders 43 Airbus A320s