United Airlines News Stories
July 23, 2014
The Federal Aviation Administration on Wednesday extended a ban on US airline flights to Israel's Tel Aviv Airport by an additional 24 hours.
July 22, 2014
Airlines in the US and Europe on Tuesday halted flights to Tel Aviv after warnings from governmental agencies as turmoil in Israel and the region intensified.
July 11, 2014
United Airlines will drop its daily flight to Caracas from Houston, starting in September, joining other carriers who have cut service over the country's foreign exchange controls.
July 9, 2014
United Airlines said that consolidated unit revenue rose more than expected in the second quarter because of better results in the United States and Asia.
July 7, 2014
United Airlines is planning to outsource more than 630 jobs at 12 US airports in a cost-saving move.
June 10, 2014
United Airlines, moving to sweeten awards for its biggest spenders, plans to base its frequent-flier rewards on the ticket-price paid rather than the distance flown.
May 2, 2014
American Airlines, United Airlines and the World Trade Center leaseholder do not have to pay a property developer environmental cleanup costs from the September 11, 2001 hijacked plane attacks, a US appeals court ruled on Friday.
April 24, 2014
United Continental posted a wider quarterly loss on Thursday as expenses increased and revenue fell, hurt in part by flight cancellations tied to winter storms.
April 22, 2014
US airlines lag hotels and online travel agencies in customer satisfaction as passengers face increasingly cramped planes and poor in-flight service, a poll published on Tuesday showed.
April 7, 2014
Virgin America had the highest performance ranking among 15 US airlines in 2013 in an annual study as the industry's overall quality improved, researchers said on Monday.
April 7, 2014
US airlines received fewer complaints from passengers last year but did a poorer job handling baggage, a study has shown.
March 30, 2014
Delta Air Lines has been making inroads in the dogfight over the lucrative market for business travel between New York and London, but the newly merged American Airlines is fighting back.
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17
- Australia To Send 100 Extra Police To Ukraine
- ICAO To Hold Safety Meeting With IATA, Others
- Australia Ready To Send Police To Guard MH17 Crash Site
- ICAO Says MH17 Voice Recorder In Good Condition
- Dutch Mourn As First MH17 Bodies Arrive In Netherlands
- Rebels Likely Downed MH17 'By Mistake'
- Train Carrying MH17 Bodies Reaches Kharkiv
- Malaysia Worked Quietly To Secure Bodies, Black Boxes
- Bodies, Black Boxes From MH17 Handed Over
- Lufthansa Joins Calls For MH17 Airline Summit
- Airbus Eyes Middle East Order For A330neo
- Qatar Airways Orders 50 Boeing 777-9Xs
- Bombardier Tops 500 Orders For Q400, CSeries
- Airbus, Boeing Close To USD$100 Bln In Airshow Deals
- Air Mauritius Orders 6 A350s In Fleet Revamp
- Myanma Airways Signs For 6 ATR 72-600s
- MG Aviation Orders Two Boeing 787-9s
- AirAsia X Signs MOU For 50 Airbus A330neos
- SMBC Aviation Capital Orders 115 Airbus A320s
- BOC Aviation Orders 43 Airbus A320s