Frontier Airlines News Stories
October 2, 2013
Airline pioneer William Franke is looking to bring more low airfares to the US, with his firm, Indigo Partners, agreeing to purchase Frontier Airlines from Republic Airways.
October 1, 2013
Republic Airways Holdings said on Tuesday it would sell Frontier Airlines to private equity firm Indigo Partners in a deal valued at about USD$145 million.
July 26, 2013
Republic Airways said it has reached a non-binding deal to sell its Frontier unit, sparking a rise in its shares.
April 30, 2013
Republic Airways said on Tuesday it still plans to shed its Frontier unit by June or July, depending on whether a sale agreement is reached.
April 9, 2013
Consumer complaints against US airlines rose sharply in 2012, even as the carriers claimed a better record of on-time arrivals and luggage handling.
March 1, 2013
A sky-high video of the Internet dance craze Harlem Shake that went viral on YouTube has captured the attention of US aviation officials who said on Friday they are looking into the event over safety concerns.
August 1, 2012
Republic Airways said it expects the restructuring of its Frontier unit to pay off in improved results for the current third quarter.
November 9, 2011
Republic Airways said on Tuesday that it will look to separate its Frontier unit and would consider a sale or spin-off.
September 26, 2011
Frontier Airlines plans to lay off more than 200 workers in November as the carrier dramatically reduces service to Milwaukee airport.
September 12, 2011
Three airline passengers questioned after their "suspicious activity" prompted a military fighter jet escort into Detroit airport on the anniversary of the September 11 attacks have been released without charges, the FBI said on Monday.
September 12, 2011
US military jets were scrambled to escort two passenger airline flights on Sunday because of security scares, as Americans marked the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks.
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370
- Malaysian Military Tracked Missing Plane To West Coast
- Missing Malaysian Plane Unlikely To Be Terrorism - Interpol
- Ten Countries Scour Sea For Malaysian Jet
- No Automated Messages From Missing Malaysian Jet
- Missing Malaysian Jet May Have Disintegrated In Mid-Air
- Malaysia Airlines Has One Of Asia's Best Safety Records
- MAS Jet's Disappearance Among Rarest Of Aviation Disasters
- Pilot Of Missing Malaysian Flight An Aviation Geek
- Thailand Grapples With Fake Passport Racket
- Malaysian Jet May Have Turned Before Disappearing