Frontier Airlines News Stories
April 28, 2014
Bargain hunters could find themselves paying more to fly after low-cost carrier Frontier Airlines said it would start charging extra for carry-on bags.
October 2, 2013
Airline pioneer William Franke is looking to bring more low airfares to the US, with his firm, Indigo Partners, agreeing to purchase Frontier Airlines from Republic Airways.
October 1, 2013
Republic Airways Holdings said on Tuesday it would sell Frontier Airlines to private equity firm Indigo Partners in a deal valued at about USD$145 million.
July 26, 2013
Republic Airways said it has reached a non-binding deal to sell its Frontier unit, sparking a rise in its shares.
April 30, 2013
Republic Airways said on Tuesday it still plans to shed its Frontier unit by June or July, depending on whether a sale agreement is reached.
April 9, 2013
Consumer complaints against US airlines rose sharply in 2012, even as the carriers claimed a better record of on-time arrivals and luggage handling.
March 1, 2013
A sky-high video of the Internet dance craze Harlem Shake that went viral on YouTube has captured the attention of US aviation officials who said on Friday they are looking into the event over safety concerns.
August 1, 2012
Republic Airways said it expects the restructuring of its Frontier unit to pay off in improved results for the current third quarter.
November 9, 2011
Republic Airways said on Tuesday that it will look to separate its Frontier unit and would consider a sale or spin-off.
September 26, 2011
Frontier Airlines plans to lay off more than 200 workers in November as the carrier dramatically reduces service to Milwaukee airport.
September 12, 2011
Three airline passengers questioned after their "suspicious activity" prompted a military fighter jet escort into Detroit airport on the anniversary of the September 11 attacks have been released without charges, the FBI said on Monday.
September 12, 2011
US military jets were scrambled to escort two passenger airline flights on Sunday because of security scares, as Americans marked the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks.
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17
- Fighting Complicates MH17 Crash Investigation
- Armed Mission To MH17 Site "Not Realistic"
- Australia To Send 100 Extra Police To Ukraine
- ICAO To Hold Safety Meeting With IATA, Others
- Australia Ready To Send Police To Guard MH17 Crash Site
- ICAO Says MH17 Voice Recorder In Good Condition
- Dutch Mourn As First MH17 Bodies Arrive In Netherlands
- Rebels Likely Downed MH17 'By Mistake'
- Train Carrying MH17 Bodies Reaches Kharkiv
- Malaysian Airliner Shot Down Over Ukraine, 298 Dead
- Airbus Eyes Middle East Order For A330neo
- Qatar Airways Orders 50 Boeing 777-9Xs
- Bombardier Tops 500 Orders For Q400, CSeries
- Airbus, Boeing Close To USD$100 Bln In Airshow Deals
- Air Mauritius Orders 6 A350s In Fleet Revamp
- Myanma Airways Signs For 6 ATR 72-600s
- MG Aviation Orders Two Boeing 787-9s
- AirAsia X Signs MOU For 50 Airbus A330neos
- SMBC Aviation Capital Orders 115 Airbus A320s
- BOC Aviation Orders 43 Airbus A320s